Lee Joon gi Historical Drama – Lee Joon-gi, in the overall of his acting career, has acted 10 dramas(2020) as the protagonist!
In which,5 are Historical! He must be the one who acted in more Historical Korean Dramas when compared to his generation actors!
Historical Dramas played a pivotal role in his acting career making him one of the most wanted actors in the Korean Industry!
Here are the 5 Historical Korean Dramas that made him achieve this milestone.
- Lee joon-Gi starred as a No-Good, lazy gangster by day and a mysterious thief who protects the citizens in the dark.
- This is an extreme opposite portrayal from his previous historical movie, King and the Clown
- This Drama has shaped Lee joon-Gi from a Pretty Boy to Action Star.
- He won Top Excellence Award, actor at SBS Drama Awards.
2.Arang and the Magistrate(2012)
- Joon-Gi acted as a magistrate named Kim Eun-oh, who has the special ability to hear, see, and touch spirits.
- The drama’s rights were sold to Japan for a record-breaking ₩200 million per episode.
- Average Nationwide ratings – 14.3% as per TNmS Ratings.
- Joon-Gi received the Outstanding Korean Drama Actor Award and together with Shin Min-a, won Best Couple Award at Seoul International Drama Awards and MBC Drama Awards respectively.
3.Gunman in Joseon(2014)
- Joon-Gi Acted as the son of the last great swordsman of nineteenth-century Joseon. Initially being good for Nothing Guy, the drama portrays how he ends up becoming a hero for the people, After the tragic death of his father and the enslavement of his younger sister.
- Joon gi collaborated with Nam Sang-mi for the second time after Time Between Dog and Wolf (2007)
- Joon Gi Received Outstanding Korean Actor at the 10th Seoul International Drama Awards for this Drama!
4.The Scholar Who Walks the Night(2015)
- Joon-Gi acted as a loyal and courageous scholar who turns into a vengeful vampire following the deaths of his family and friend.
- He becomes a Guardian Vampire who is responsible for getting rid of any vampire who disobeys the rules
- Scholar who walks in the night Drama won Best Historical Drama at 4th Annual DramaFever Awards.
5.Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo(2016)
- Lee Joon-gi acted as Wang So, a Cold-hearted, fearsome, and dangerous, who hides his face behind a mask due to a scar which was considered as inauspicious at the time.
- Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo is One of the Best Historical dramas ever made in the Historical genre.
- The drama was sold for $8 million to a Chinese channel, marking the highest sold drama ever in 2016.
These 5 High Rated Historical Dramas made him the King of Historical Korean Drama.
Here is our Video,
Also read: Best Dramas of Lee Joon gi