Enjoy watching these 5 High-school blockbuster dramas!
5.Boys over flower
Starring Lee Min-Ho, Ku Hye-Sun, Kim Hyun-Joong, Kim Bum, and Kim Joon
Boys over flower is an adaption of Japanese manga series Shojo. The story revolves around four elite students called F4 and a girl from poor family background.
Gu Jun-Pyo (Lee Min-ho) is a son of Kang Hee-Soo who owns a Shinhwa Group, the largest conglomerates in South Korea. Jun-Pyo is a leader of F4 and Yoon Ji-hu (Kim Hyun-Joong), So Yi-Jung, and Song Woo-bin is the member of the group who is also coming from a rich family.
Geum Jan-di (Ku Hye-sun) comes from a normal family who gets a swimming scholarship to high school after saving a boy from committing suicide. There she meets the F4 and stuck between series misunderstanding with them.
Meanwhile, Jan-di started to have feelings for Ji-hu but she finds out that Ji-hu is in one-sided love with Min Seo-hyun, a successful model and his childhood friend. Later she begins to spend more time with Jun-Pyu and their relationship starts to grow gradually but she is distracted and confused by her feelings towards Ji-hu and realized she is in love with Jun-Pyu. But this doesn’t end here because their relationship started questioning after Ji-hu also falls in love with her and several other obstacles come their way and how they overcome them.
This series is a perfect kick-start if anyone is new to KDrama World.
The romance and relationship between Jun-Pyo and Jan-di will make us fall in love with this drama. The friendship between the four boys (F4) needed to be recognized and praised.
Overall this series is wholesome of romance, comedy, friendship, and definitely, you won’t regret watching it.
- This drama achieved the highest viewer rating of 28.5%
- At 4th Seoul International Drama Awards, boys over flower won popular drama Awards.
- Lee Min-Ho won Best New Actor at 45th Baeksang Arts Awards and Best Couple Award with Ku Hye-Sun.
- At KBS Drama Awards, Ku Hye-Sun won Excellence Award, Actress in a Mid-length Drama, Netizen Award.
- “Because I’m Stupid” – SS501 OST won Song of the Month (February), Best OST, and Best TV Drama Song of the Year from different Award organizations.
Starring Yoon Eun-Hye, Ju Ji-hoon, Kim Jeong-hoon, and Song Ji-Hyo.
Set in an alternate universe where Korea is a constitutional monarch of the 21st century. Lee Shin’s (Ju Ji-hoon ) father Emperor Lee Hyeon is severely ill and that leads to the marriage arrangement of the Shin to take the throne if anything bad happens to his father. Initially, Shin was rejected by Min Hyo-rin (Song Ji-Hyo), a talented ballerina who he is in love with.
Being rejected by Hyo-Rin, he was set to marry a commoner Shin Chae-Kyeong (Yoon Eun-Hye). Chae-Kyeong is a high-school student whose grandfather made a will to marry her to the Crown prince. Though she rejects to marry the Crown Prince at first, she unwillingly marries him to get rid of the debts of her family. She struggles to get through her married life in the palace and her cold-hearted husband.
On the other hand, Lee Yul (Kim Jeong-Hoon) and his mother come to revive her position in the palace and to get his son the throne who is next in line. In this process, Kind-hearted Yul falls in love with Chae-Kyeong and Hyo-rin tries to win back Shin. This leads to the royal family to take matters in hand and make things more complicated for Crown prince shin and Chae-Kyeong.
- With the highest rating of 28.3%, this drama is in tenth place out of all dramas in 2006 due to its popularity.
- Best New Actor and Best New actress won by Ju Ji Hoon and Yoon Eun-Hye at MBC Drama Awards respectively.
- This drama later adapted into musical and titled as Goong: The Musical.
3.Dream high (2011)
Starring miss A‘s Bae Suzy, Kim Soo-Hyun, T-ara‘s Ham Eun-Jung, IU, and 2PM‘s Ok Taec-Yeon and Jang Woo-young.
Tells the story of Six high school students at Kirin art sharing the dream of becoming idols. They learn singing, dancing, song production as they develop to grow in life. Each one of them supports one another and trough their strength and weakness.
Go Hye-mi is a talented singer who has to give up in entering Kirin Art school to pay off her dada debts. However, she has given the choice of making the other two students join that school. One is a country boy Song Sam- Dong and Jin-gook who she met accidentally while escaping her way back from loan sharks. However, they all encounter difficulties in becoming Kpop idols together and supports each other.
If you are a fan of Kpop Idols, then this drama is for you. Bunch of Kpop idols acted in this drama. Of course, some of the idols debuted as actors in this drama but they will never disappoint us with their talented acting skills.
The story portraying the struggle of becoming idols even though they have their problems will show the reality of every person who is dreaming of becoming an idol.
This drama will touch everyone emotionally. Never miss this one!
- At SKY PerfecTV! Awards, Dream high won Grand Prize
- At 5th Tokyo International Drama Festival, Special Award for Foreign Drama given for Dream High.
- At Rose d’Or Awards and USTv Student’s Choice Award, dream high won Golden Rose (Children & Youth) Award and Best Foreign Soap Opera respectively.
- “My Valentine” won Ost of the Year at 3rd Bugs Music Awards “Dreaming” won Song of the Month (February) at Cyworld Digital Music Awards
- Kim soo-Hun won many awards like Best New Actor, Popularity Award at 4th Korea Drama Awards, Hallyu Award at SKY PerfecTV! Awards and Best New Actor, Best Couple Award at KBS Drama Awards.
Starring Lee Hye-Ri, Park Bo-gum, Go Kyung-Pyo, Ryu Jun-Yeol, and Lee Dong-Hwi
Set in 1988, the story tells about five friends who live in the same neighborhood Ssangmun-dong, Dobong District.
Duk-Sun (Hyeri) is from a poor family and lives in a semi-basement house. She is always full of energy and a bright personality. She enjoys every single thing and always gets into a fight with her sister Bo-Ra.
Jung-Hwan (Ryoo Joon-Yeol) family becomes rich overnight. He loves soccer and has an all-time track mind for soccer.
Sung Sun Woo (Ko Gyung-Pyo) is a perfect ideal student. He lives with his mother and younger sister after his father passed away
Dong Ryong (Lee Dong-Hwi) is a poor academic score and gives up going to college. He knows more about life than his other friends
Taek (Park Bo-Gum) is a genius go player who dropped out of school. They all experience a memorable time and grow together in their life.
- With 18.8% of rating, it becomes the fourth highest-rated drama in Korean cable television history.
- At tvN10 Awards, Reply 1988 won Grand Prize (Daesang), Best Content Award.
- At 18th Mnet Asian Music Awards, Don’t Worry Dear won Best OST.
- The actors of this drama won many awards like Best Rising Star, Best New Actor, Asia Star Award Best International Artist for Park Bo-gum andBest New Actor, Rising Star Award, Actor Best Rookie Award for Ryu Jun-Yeol
- At 5th APAN Star Awards and tvN10 Awards, Hyeri won the Rising Star Award and Best New Actress respectively.
Starring Lee Min-Ho, Park Shin-Hye, and Kim Woo-Bin.
Kim Tan (Lee Min-Ho) is a rich heir to Jeguk Group. He was expatriate to the U.S by his older brother Kim Won (Choi Jin-hyuk) and Won tries to take control over their family business. Meanwhile, Kim tan meets Cha Eun-sang (Park Shin-Hye), comes from a poor family background who goes to the US in search of her sister.
After returning to Korean, again Kim tan meets Eun-Sang in his house whose mother working as a maid in his house. Being engaged to Yoo Rachel (Kim Ji-won), Kim tan starts to fall in Love with Eun-sang.
Later Eun-Sang joins Tan’s school and there she meets Choi Young-do (Kim Woo-bin) who always annoys her because to irritate Kim Tan. Young-do also falls in love with Eun-Sang and faces Kim’s anger and soon they both started to fight for her. But things get more difficult when Tan’s family pressure him to choose between pursuing his family business or love.
Due to ensemble cast including prominent stars Kim Eun-Sook (the writer if Heirs), Lee Min-ho, Kim Woo-bin, Park Shin-hye and Kim-ji won, The Heirs was a huge success throughout Asia with Lee min-ho nominated for several awards at SBS, Baeksang ,etc. In addition, he won Best Asian Actor Award at Baidu Fei Dian (“The Hottest”) Awards in 2013.
- The Heirs was the first Korean drama to be produced by American digital distribution platform DramaFever and Korean company Hwa&Dam Pictures.
- This series hit large popularity around Asia and received a high rating of 19.7%
- Lee Min-Ho won many awards in the categories of Best Asian Actor, Top 10 Stars, Netizen Popularity Award, Best Dressed at many awards producing organization.
- At 2nd Asia Rainbow TV Awards, Heirs won Best Modern Drama.